WE ARE HIRING! - Seeking Glaze Assistant March 13 2019
Nicholas Newcomb Pottery & Sculpture is a ceramics studio producing ceramic accessories for the home decor market. We work with premier interior designers and design retail stores throughout the country. Our studio is located in Bushwick Brooklyn between the Morgan L stop, Jefferson L stop, and the Central Ave M stop.
We are currently seeking a part-time employee to assist with glaze decoration and basic studio tasks. This position is for two days per week, at 8 hours per day.
The Glaze Assistant will be responsible for applying decorative patterns on tableware, and other ceramic accessories. This includes brushing, pouring and dipping techniques. Responsibilities also include, managing personal production schedule, keeping materials inventory stocked, and develop new glazing techniques. The position requires organization, planning skills, precision, cleanliness, flexibility and ability to multitask a number of projects.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in painting, and a basic understanding of studio art & ceramics
- Clear communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work alone and with a small team
- Physical abilities to lift pottery into and out of the kiln
- Aptitude to learn new tasks
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Positive past work experience in a similar field
Please submit a cover letter, resume, 3-5 images of past work (painting, drawing and/or ceramics), and 3 past employer references to firstname.lastname@example.org